Security Engineer (Platform Security)
AffirmWith Affirm, you can pay over time at your favorite brands. No late fees or compounding interest—just a more responsible way to say yes to the things you love.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm values information security as a critical part of the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products.
The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it! The ideal employee will have extensive experience developing tooling and infrastructure used for securing technical resources as part of a larger team. The candidate will quickly come up to speed with current systems and processes, identify and develop improvements, and implement solutions used by experienced software and infrastructure engineers across the organization.
We protect and secure Affirm’s production infrastructure while balancing risk to enable business growth.
We own vulnerability management, cloud security, perimeter security, and hardening of critical environments. We work closely with corporate/workforce security, incident response, security operations, identity and access systems and partner with infrastructure engineering teams that build, operate and manage compute, storage, caching and security systems at scale.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement processes to ensure systems are regularly patched and hardened.
- Configure and implement cloud security services, including identity and access management, detective controls, infrastructure protection, and data protection.
- Specify, standardize, configure, and validate access controls across a wide range of cloud services. Integrate security tooling into existing infrastructure.
- Develop security software configurations and improve tool functionality over time. Implement security controls across Affirm’s data infrastructure, including S3, DynamoDB, RDS, and Snowflake.
- Decompose large, cross-team projects into individual tasks. Manage scope across teams and drive toward project closure.
What We Look For
- Security Engineer to help ensure that our systems and processes are secured against the latest threats.
- Strong in multiple domains including infrastructure operations, Corporate IT, able to make technical trade-offs between short versus long term security business logs.
- Hands-on experience deploying infrastructure within a Kubernetes environment.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Terraform.
- Understanding of methods and systems used for auditing usage and access to AWS cloud services.
- Experience managing security tooling, including Rapid7 InsightVM, Auditbeat, Crowdstrike Falcon EDR, AWS System Manager Agent, or similar.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842-23,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:Jobs in Grades 21-54: shorturl.at/H0124 Jobs in Grades 61-74: shorturl.at/kK015 If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes. Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Remote- US, Canada, UK, … Remote- US, Canada, UK, Germany Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Sr. Software Engineer (Security)Application security Audits Cryptography Machine Learning Open Source OWASP PKI +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Sydney, New South Wales, … Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 135K * USD 60K+ *
Application Security Engineer - Security Champions (Open to remote across ANZ)Application security AWS Golang IAM Java Nonprofit OWASP +5
Career development Fitness / gym Flex hours Parental leave Wellness
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs