Senior Security Engineer- Focused Services
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Palo Alto NetworksPalo Alto Networks enables your team to prevent successful cyberattacks with an automated approach that delivers consistent security across cloud, network and mobile.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
You will work firsthand with our valued customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
You will regularly participate in technical discussions with multi-functional teams, creating an environment of transparency that ultimately leads to better products, better working environments, and better cybersecurity. Your quick thinking and support to our clients provides the fast assistance they need to keep their environments secure – which means you’ll need to move quickly, thoughtfully, and provide technical assistance as needed (often, in high pressure situations).
- Provide customers on-site support, deployment and implementation, knowledge transfer, configurations, troubleshooting, and standard methodologies to customers via phone, e-mail, and web
- Use fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and tackle complicated technical issues
- Provide post sales technical support, while handling support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner
- Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify critical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Build a positive customer experience by working closely with Development, Sales, Quality Assurance, and Marketing
- Responsible for reviewing user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, problem solving guides, etc.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution
- Work shoulder to shoulder with the Sales and Sales Engineering Teams
- 7+ years of deep technical knowledge and technical support with a strong customer focus or related experience
- Advanced certifications such as CCIE/JNCIE/ CISSP an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, strength with establishing relationships
- Ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unparalleled networks with mixed media and protocols required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and in a team
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Profound knowledge in networking protocols such as - TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), ISIS, Multicast, VOIP
- Experience with security (IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, GRE, SSL)
- Prior experience in similar vendor Technical Support Centers
- Knowledge in security technologies - authentication (Radius/Tacacs/iDP), cryptography, and security protocols
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of any other major European language will be an advantage
- Fluent knowledge of Hebrew and English
- Knowledge in on-prem and cloud-secured access - VPN / Zero Trust / SASE / Proxy / Reverse Proxy / Firewall
- Automation skills using Python, Bash, and Powershell
- Experienced with public cloud providers such as GCP, AWS, and Azure - a plus
- Experience in Docker or other container-based technologies- a plus
- Strong history of deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting multi-vendor (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet) ﬁrewall environments - PANW firewalls and VM-Series - A plus
- Intimate experience with IL IDF computer units – a big plus
- Israeli MOD security clearance in effect (advantage)
Our technical support team is essential to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs