HUMANHUMAN is a cybersecurity company that safeguards enterprises and internet platforms from sophisticated bot attacks, fraud, and account abuse.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to helping protect companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by malicious bots. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
The HUMAN R&D team is pivotal to our mission. They are the ones uncovering and fighting bot operations like PARETO, ICEBUCKET, 3ve, and Methbot. HUMAN supports our R&D humans by strongly valuing deep work and flexibility. Additionally, this team is encouraged to participate in R&D Research Friday - a designated half day each week dedicated to trying new ideas and personal career development. HUMAN is fully committed to flexible working arrangements to ensure our humans are able to do the best work of their lives.
We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
As part of the Security Research Team, you will be part of a team of highly skilled and, sometimes quirky hackers, intelligence researchers and software engineers who continuously hunt for threats, evaluate and develop new detection techniques, and share intel and attribution for cybercrime activity with the goal of protecting our customers while keeping the internet human.
What you'll do:
- Play a lot with the web-browsers, trying to find differences in behavior between them.
- Research and develop signal collection on both mobile and desktop, which enables detection and defence deployments.
- Find ways to detect automation, for example, tools like Selenium, Playwright or Puppeteer.
- Find ways to hide or otherwise game ad placements on the web and mobile environments.
- Understand customer specific requirements, deliver with impact and exceed customer expectations.
- Share security research topics through research talks, knowledge base and external engagements including media interviews and conference presentations, detailing your discoveries for internal and external sharing.
- Discover adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures leveraged by bots.
- Create and validate data insights to enhance detection excellence.
- Find bad stuff on the internet, see if you can figure out how it is done, document it.
- Red team, experiment, and develop new tactics for various kinds of fraud and to bypass our detection, no need to wait for an attack to be discovered and used by adversaries first.
- Stay abreast of cyber security trends and events related to our mission.
- Contribute high impact work that substantially benefits team level metrics and OKRs.
- Develop techniques, tools and scripts to simplify yours and others work.
Who you are:
- You are a curious, persistent person who is always thinking out of the box that wants to apply your knowledge to always do the right thing.
- You have a strong sense of ownership that drives you to find ways to do things better and faster.
- You look for new, innovative ways to solve complex problems, ideally through rigorous experimentation, at times working independently.
- You are open, transparent, and can work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- You are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment and across organizations.
- You have a track record of solving difficult problems.
- You are naturally passionate about learning and growing your skillset.
- You have the ability, and more importantly, the passion to teach, coach, and mentor individuals and contribute frequently to educate the greater community.
- You are always thinking about what will happen next, and usually, you are right.
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!
With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, HUMAN days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs