Cyber Security ISSO
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking an experienced Cyber Security ISSO) in support of an AWS cloud platform. This position will engage with customers of a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) service environment to assess, document, and elaborate their business requirements. The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical requirements meetings and conversations, and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement in a rapidly scaling PaaS environment supporting important customer missions.
- Review new and existing systems for technical compliance with IA directives and protection of data at all classification levels including SCI. Advise on in-depth security design review and threat/risk assessments.
- Provide inputs to technical artifacts, including Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), and Risk Assessment Reports (RARs).
- Conduct site visits and assessments to inspect IA plans and security control implementations and support Incident Response Team (IRT) activities.
- The ISSO will work as part of a team reviewing and assessing Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization body of evidence for classified information systems, to include: System Security Plan (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM),Continuous Monitoring Plan, Incident Response Plan, Access Control Plan, Security Assessment Plan, etc.
- The ISSO will be the expert for cyber security in the government program management office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- DoD 8570 IAM Level II or III certification (Security+, CISSP, or equivalent)
- Experience with NIST 800-53
- Experience with cloud environments.
- Knowledge of information security and assurance practices and principles.
- AWS Certification or experience with AWS.
- Other Security related certification
- Experience working in a DevSecOps project environment.
- Formerly or currently a system administrator, developer, or engineer.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers. Ability to interface with seasoned Government personnel.
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple different efforts as needed.
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools and willing to share your experience with the team.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.