Information Security Specialist
Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United Kingdom
AJ BellAJ Bell is a low cost, award-winning platform for the DIY investor. Learn more about our SIPP, ISA, junior ISA and Dealing account.
To support the Chief Information Security Officer in managing and reporting the Information Security Risks faced by Technology Services (TS) in delivering AJ Bell’s systems and services. This role is responsible for facilitating the secure delivery of AJ Bell’s technology and business change. The Information Security Specialist will play a lead role in designing and implementing security controls and processes. Key to this is assisting and supporting our colleagues in achieving their goals, but in a secure manner.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Subject matter expertise for security best practice, ensuring the maintenance of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AJ Bell’s systems and data.
- Design and implementation of enterprise security technology controls and platforms, following industry best practices.
- Supporting and advising on projects and change initiatives to ensure that there is no negative impact on our security posture
- Carrying out internal security reviews both on solutions we develop in house and third-party solutions.
- Supporting audit and due diligence activities within Technology Services
- Working with Information Security, Infrastructure and Architecture to define security standards.
- Acts as an integration point between the CISO and AJ Bell business and technology teams to ensure security is embedded across the organisation
Essential experience, knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrable experience of implementing enterprise security platforms
- Previous experience of delivering and maintaining of technical enterprise security solutions for (but not limited to) the following areas: End Point Protection, Cloud Security, Network Security, DevOps, Security Monitoring & Remediation is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Secure Software Development Life Cycle best practices
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Information Security risk management tools and techniques
- Experience of security governance and compliance, ideally gained in financial services organisations
- Demonstrable understanding of Information Security control standards and frameworks e.g. ISO27001, NIST, PCI DSS
- Awareness and understanding of the Information Security threat landscape
- Deep understanding of Information Security solutions and controls
- Experience of Cloud security solutions and standards is highly advantageous
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communicator, able to translate complex topics to all areas of the business
- Significant experience in the area of Information security
- Strong knowledge of core IT and networking concepts
- Well versed in IT security capabilities, framework and concepts
- Strong ownership of tasks, attention to detail and following through to conclusion
- Ability to challenge approach, strategy and implementation to ensure Information Security is consistently considered and improved
- Ability to work under own initiative to plan and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Structured, self-starting, flexible and enjoy working in fast-paced environments
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, organise and follow through on assigned tasks and complete with little or no prompting from management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Attained CISSP or similar certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Information Security role gained in a financial services or e-commerce environment is preferred
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 449,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £71.5 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1100 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
• Competitive starting salary
• Generous holiday allowance increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
• Company Health cash plan
• Holiday buy/sell scheme
• Hybrid working policy
• Casual dress code
• Discretionary bonus
• Contributory pension scheme
• Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
• Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
• Buy as you earn share scheme
• Free share scheme
• Paid study support for qualifications
• Maternity/paternity scheme
• Bike loan
• Season ticket loan portal
• Discounted PMI and Dental
• On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
• Paid volunteering opportunities
• Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United … Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Senior Security ArchitectCISSP Cloud Compliance DevOps E-commerce Governance ISO 27001 +7
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym Flex hours +5
Remote- US, Canada, UK, … Remote- US, Canada, UK, Germany Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Sr. Software Engineer (Security)Application security Audits Cryptography Machine Learning Open Source OWASP PKI +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs