Senior Security Engineer
BrightcoveBrightcove bietet eine skalierbare, zuverlässige und sichere Streaming-Plattform, mit der Unternehmen Video-Inhalte hosten, freigeben und streamen können. Holen Sie sich noch heute eine Demoversion.
Do you like solving problems? Building and implementing solutions in a dynamic environment? Experimenting with cloud technologies to improve security? Then Brightcove’s Security Engineering team could be your next career destination. Embedded in Brightcove’s product engineering organization, we are responsible for monitoring the security posture of Brightcove’s SaaS environment and collaborating with executive leadership, business units and engineers to promote strong security practices. This is a technical, hands-on position where you would be exposed to both infrastructure and application security disciplines.
- Monitor security tooling and respond to security incidents.
- Build and/or deploy security management tooling as well as devise better ways to automate and streamline security monitoring and response activities.
- Work with other engineering teams to solve security issues, implement security practices and vet architectural choice.
- Provide security coverage as part of an on-call pager rotation.
- Participate in vulnerability management program, including coordinating tooling, testing, and remediation with engineering teams.
- 5 years of experience in a technical information security or adjacent role (e.g. security engineering, DevOps engineer).
- Excellent problem solving and analytics skills.
- Ability to independently take on projects/assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Comfort working within a fast-paced, changing and growing technology environment.
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to question processes, technology, innovation, how work gets done.
- Diversity of thought and able to be receptive to feedback with a growth mindset.
- Positive attitude with genuine team collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to write new code in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash etc.)
- Solid understanding of security frameworks (e.g. CIS, NIST).
- Solid understanding of Linux/UNIX.
- Good understanding of Networking protocols and concepts (e.g. TCP/UDP, TLS, DNS).
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration(e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Certifications a plus– CISSP, CEH, GIAC, etc.
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the world’s most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
This role is designated to be located in our brand new Guadalajara office which is in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. We offer 3 work arrangements: 100% remote, hybrid, or onsite. The office has been designed with the latest technology, an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs