Cloud Security Engineer
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking a highly skilled Cloud Security Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This support contract provides a broad range of cyber services to all components under the CISO including cyber operations, cyber risk, security engineering and digital integration departments. The client’s enterprise consists of over 600,000 employees, 500,000 devices, 200,000 enterprise email accounts, 200,000 endpoints, 800 firewall sets, and 640+ URLs of which 350 require web application firewall protection.
We are looking for Security Engineers with extensive experience and working knowledge of Exchange, Office 365, Azure, Identity Management, Collaboration Tools, Cloud Governance, Intune and Microsoft Threat Protection Suite which includes Microsoft Defender ATP, Azure Information Protection, Azure ATP, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, Azure MFA, Office 365 ATP and Office 365 Data Governance. This job is located in Morrisville, NC with full remote work during the pandemic.
- Deploy, operate, and maintain Microsoft ATP
- Provide operational requirements and recommendations to the Security Architects for service enhancements and system improvements.
- On-call availability for network impacting or network outage situations outside of business hours.
- Effectively work within a Security team, and support and collaborate with other teams.
- Collaborate with the Security Operation center (SOC) to support their incident response and threat detection teams.
- Develop documentations, e.g. standard operating procedures (SOP), and support audit events.
- Develop reports on systems status and performance.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, similar technical discipline or equivalent experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with Splunk and other SIEM tools
- Aptitude with host analysis, incident response, and forensics
- Experience with threat analysis, triage, and mitigation
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and cloud environments
- Certification in one or more of the following: Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-103 and/or 104), MCSE Productivity, Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500), Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be able to effectively communicate technical details and thoughts in non-technical/general terminology to various levels of the organization.
- Work well in team environments with internal and external resources as well as work independently on tasks
- Strong organizational, and time management skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a very large environment and can work well under pressure
- Advanced degree in related field
WORK SCHEDULE: Core Business Hours (8am-5pm; start/end time flexible)
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Primary job location is Morrisville, NC with full remote work during the pandemic.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Ability to obtain Public Trust or higher
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phia’s founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the “phia phamily”. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll