Application Security Executive - Central Enterprise Sales
Remote - United States
GitHubGitHub is where over 94 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
From open source to DevOps, organizations are looking for new ways to speed up software delivery—but still rely on traditional security tools. GitHub Advanced Security helps teams build safer code faster with the world’s most advanced semantic code analysis engine.
We're looking for an Enterprise Software Security Specialist to work with the GitHub and Microsoft sales organization to drive the go-to-market strategy for GitHub Advanced Security with our sales team and joint deal cycles targeting strategic customers. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become masterful in GitHub Advanced Security's product capabilities, underlying technology, and benefits in addition to being a proven enterprise sales expert that exceeds revenue goals.
We are looking for a Software Security Specialists for the US. This role is a quota-carrying sales position that will report to the Director of Advanced Security.
- Business Development: Be part of a team that is aligned to exceed sales targets that are optimized for rapid market growth. Develop go to market plans to address the market opportunity for the GitHub Advanced Security product and services. Align resources to meet business goals and be a thought leader for GitHub, its alliance partners, Microsoft to support customer goals.
- Network building: Identify the right external stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success. Build a solid network of GitHub, Microsoft and alliance partner account and regional selling teams to ensure successful deal conversion. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to demonstrate the value of GitHub Advanced Security and, in turn, help close business and ensure customer success.
- Risk Management: Identify account, territory and program risk and ensure any risk is mitigated. Effective communicator and presenter. Present strategic ideas to customers. Have the ability to work off-script and answer questions and contests in live settings. Evangelize the GitHub Advanced Security solution and program both to internal and external audiences.
- Problem Solver: Solve problems and hypothesize possible selling pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorm with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal scenarios.
Understand GitHub products and solutions: Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub.
- Minimum of 8 years of Sales experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in positioning Application Security Tooling
- Experience selling DevSecOps or Application Security (e.g. SCA, SAST, DAST, IAST or RASP) products into the enterprise market segment
- Proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at a security solution vendor
- Strong relationship building and deal structuring skills with Fortune 1000 customers
- Executive-level (CXO) communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Willingness to travel approximately 30%-40% when it is safe and appropriate to travel
- Strong presentation skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible with the ability to work across different time zones
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription-based licenses
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
Minimum salary of $93,000 to maximum $222,060.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual's base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
More jobs like this
Remote, United States, Canada Remote, United States, Canada Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 240K - 315K USD 240K+
Head of Application SecurityApplication security AWS Cloud Product security Security strategy Strategy Vulnerabilities
Career development Competitive pay Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs