Senior Cryptography Engineer
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Ava LabsAva Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche.
Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, the fastest and most scalable smart contract platform.Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Safely apply existing cryptography systems to unlock new functionality in Avalanche
- Research and implement novel cryptography algorithms that could be used to unlock new functionality in the Avalanche Network and/or to custody assets on Avalanche
- Support the growth of Zero-Knowledge Virtual Machines on Avalanche by providing recommendations and proofs-of-concept to the Subnet builder community
- Collaborate with other researchers in the space and present findings at academic conferences
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT
- You believe in a future where blockchain technologies make the world a more fair and free place for everyone.
- You have the desire to work on open-source code and engage with the community. You wish to work together with other talented contributors instead of working alone.
- You are a coder. You implement demos and proofs-of-concept before writing multi-page technical documents.
- You create and find projects that provide value. You don’t need to wait for someone to tell you what to research or work on. We hire awesome engineers to tell us what we should build, not the other way around.
- You have an obsession with code quality and performance. You ship code when it is ready, not as soon as it passes unit tests.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Demonstrated capability in subject area (open source code or published work is a bonus)
- Rust, Golang, Java, or C++ programming experience
What about minimum experience or education? If you are smart and talented, it doesn’t matter how you became smart and talented. What about location restrictions? We have a fully remote engineering team and look to hire the best wherever they are.
Salary Range: $158,400.00 - $208,200.00 (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
More jobs like this
Remote- US, Canada, UK, … Remote- US, Canada, UK, Germany Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Sr. Software Engineer (Security)Application security Audits Cryptography Machine Learning Open Source OWASP PKI +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs