Sr. Engineer, Security Architecture
Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote)
BetterUpThe People Experience Platform for professional coaching, immersive learning, and insights designed for everyone.
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Security Architecture team at BetterUp brings the human touch to enabling the business through security. Members of this team help bridge the gap between security and other business domains to keep everyone aligned on how to best grow the business while keeping risk in check. The team is responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing security systems.
What you’ll do:
- Use your expertise in many domains (SDLC, EDR, product security, privacy) collaborating cross functionally to ensure best practices are followed
- Set the tone for how security architecture operates at BetterUp.
- Partner with the Infosec team to set the strategic vision and work to bring the vision to life
- Developing project timelines for security related initiatives
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Partnering across BetterUp enabling a variety of teams to implement security best practices
- Reviewing current system security measures, recommending and implementing enhancements
- Solid understanding of privacy/security protocols, product security, SDLC, MFA, EDR, threat and vulnerability management, third party risk management
- Experience as a security partner, security architect, or another related technical security role working with software engineering or information technology teams.
- Communication skills that you can adapt as needed for working with individual contributors, executives, and everyone else in the organization.
- Exceptional grit and a willingness to work in a fast-paced startup setting.
- Eager to contribute to the BetterUp mission.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs