PKI Security Engineer
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
phia LLC is seeking a highly skilled PKI Security Engineer knowledgeable in Powershell or other scripting, Ansible, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Venafi, and digital certificate management processes and leading practices to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position primary location is Morrisville, NC or Eagan, MN with full remote during the pandemic.
- Primarily responsible for building our Ansible capability to automate certificate renewals.
- Consult with other members of project team and end users to identify PKI/certificate automation requirements and develop requirements documentation and scripting.
- Contribute to the technical direction on all areas of PKI architecture, including policies, standards, strategies, automation and governance.
- Provide guidance and training to key stakeholders on PKI lifecycle, processes and procedures.
- Provide customer support for hundreds of USPS applications / services using thousands of certificates.
- Experience writing scripts for system automation (PowerShell, Python, Linux shell, etc.) and using Ansible (a software provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment tool)
- A solid understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) including technology, standards, and implementations, with experience managing, configuring, or supporting a PKI certificate authority (especially Microsoft ADCS).
- Experience with certificate management tools (ideally Venafi, Microsoft CA)
- College Degree in a technical discipline, or 3+ years of professional work experience in a related field such as Public Key Infrastructure, Infrastructure IT (Systems Administration, Network Administration Windows/Linux OS, Network Administration, Active Directory and/or Virtualization.
- IT system administration experience (systems management, networks, firewalls) in an enterprise environment.
- Infrastructure IT (Systems Administration, Network Administration Windows/Linux OS, Network Administration, Active Directory and/or Virtualization).
- Experience with user directory technologies for authentication (e.g., LDAP, Active Directory).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Unix and Linux configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with technologies that use TLS/SSL encryption (e.g. F5, Netscaler, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with server virtualization technologies (VMWare, HyperV)
- Computer security, specifically in Windows/LINUX OS environment
- Experience with ServiceNow or other Change/Incident/Problem management ticketing technology
- Database administration (MSSQL) experience.
- Strong communication skills in working with IT developers and system administrators
WORK SCHEDULE: Core Business Hours (8am-5pm; start/end time flexible)
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: This position primary location Morrisville, NC or Eagan MN with full remote during the pandemic.SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Eligible for Public Trust/Sensitive (up to Top Secret)
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phia’s founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
Excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll