Security Engineer - Fraud & Abuse
New York, NY, United States; Boston, MA, United States; Remote - US
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at a high scale - trillions of data points per day — providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Fraud & Abuse team works within the Security Engineering organization to protect against threats that challenge the safety of our users and the integrity of our platform.
As a member of the Fraud & Abuse team, you will take a data-centric, highly scalable approach to identifying and stopping fraud and abuse actors on Datadog’s platform. You will have a direct impact on the safety and security of our platform and our users, and have a chance to work cross-functionally with other departments including the broader Security Engineering organization, Product, Engineering, Compliance, and Customer Support.
- Be part of a fairly new security team building from the ground up
- Build novel detection capabilities to uncover patterns of fraud, abuse and other security threats that affect our platform and users
- Use custom and third party tools to detect and prevent threats to end user accounts
- Design alerts and playbooks to automate response efforts
- Work cross-functionally to implement near real-time detection and mitigation strategies that protect our platform and customers
- Research and monitor emerging trends, techniques, tactics, and procedures related to platform abuse and threats to our customers
- Monitor performance and efficacy of existing alerts, playbooks, and detection capabilities
- Participate in Datadog’s incident response efforts
- You have experience working with data for analysis, anomaly detection, and monitoring purposes
- You have experience in development, scripting, or automation
- You want to help keep our platform and our end users safe
- You are able to work both independently and collaboratively
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Knowledge of abuse in modern SaaS applications
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.