DevSecOps Engineer - NBC Sports Next
Orlando, Florida, United States
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
The DevSecOps Administrator role will be responsible for NBCSports Next Operations services infrastructure. This role will be critical in NBCSports Next to enhance our security posture. This position will require 24x7 support availability.
In this role you’ll be responsible to ensure security, automation, and supportability into our system architecture. You’ll be building and supporting automation business initiatives to enhance our compliance across multiple security frameworks.
- Contribute to developing an automation strategy for executing a comprehensive PCI DSS technical assessment program
- Work with internal teams to ensure security is shifted left in the build and design phase.
- Develop innovative solutions by implementing state of the art prevention, response, and detection capabilities.
- Drive innovation and automation to increase security of CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills. This role will be working with domestic and international teams to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Work to achieve Security and Governance initiatives and strategy
- Maintain an active role in supporting and defining new security policies.
- Build relationships with team members, contractors, and vendors.
Must meet the minimum qualifications outlined below:
- 5+ years of Windows systems administration skills including patching and Active Directory
- 5+ years of Linux systems administration skills
- 2+ years of Cloud computing experience in one of AWS/Azure/GCP
- 2+ years supporting embedded security scanning in GitHub, GitLab, or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with Python web frameworks
- Experience with centralized logging stacks such as Splunk or Kibana
- Configuration Management experience with Ansible
Desired Qualifications are as follows:
- Experienced in DevOps principles and practices
- Infrastructure as Code experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Cloud orchestration tooling such as AWS Systems Manager; or equivalent in Azure or GCP
- Public Cloud experience in AWS, Azure or GCP; specifically: securing perimeters, IAM least privilege, preventing lateral movement, orchestrating zero-downtime patching, and security best practices
- Experience using WAF solutions such as AWS WAF, Cloudflare, Akamai Kona etc.
- Experience authoring and troubleshooting scripts in languages such as: PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Go.
- Experience demonstrating co-workers or contractors on security tasks
- Proficient in ticketing and work management solutions such as Jira and ServiceNow.
- Contributing to and using our GitHub Pull Request-centred development pipeline as we continuously deliver value to our customers.
Interested candidates must:
- Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
- Fully Remote: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Active Directory Ansible Automation AWS Azure Bash CI/CD Cloud Cloudflare Compliance DevOps DevSecOps GCP GitHub Governance IAM Jira Linux PCI DSS PowerShell Python Splunk Strategy Terraform Windows
More jobs like this
Remote- US, Canada, UK, … Remote- US, Canada, UK, Germany Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Sr. Software Engineer (Security)Application security Audits Cryptography Machine Learning Open Source OWASP PKI +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs