Information Security Consultant
London, England, United Kingdom
Information Security Consultant (InfoSec Manager)
Based: London office or Remote with at least 1-day on client site
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £70k - £90K
As the Smartdesc Information Security Manager, you will be working with the Information Security team and technical delivery team to deliver security solutions to our customers.
You will identify and oversee a variety of security projects, including helping our customers to implement security controls, assessing against industry good practice, creating assessment reports to deliver to Senior Leadership Teams and improving organisations security position.
This role will be customer facing requiring a keen eye for detail and proven ability of delivering Information Security good practice.
- Identifying steps that organisations need to take to improve their security position and supporting them through the process.
- Alignment of good practice frameworks and standards such as Cyber Essentials, NCSC Ten Steps and ISO 27001.
- Ownership of key Information Security processes and procedures.
- Implementation and ownership of an Information Security Risk Management programme.
- Identifying and managing remediation actions to reduce risks.
- Ownership of Information Security Policies.
- Development and Implementation of an Information Security Training and Awareness program.
- Raising, investigating and managing IT Security incidents ensuring any necessary follow up actions.
- Providing IT security support to business functions for IT infrastructure and IT Service Desk.
- Development and ownership of the Information Security Internal Audit programme.
- Oversight of a rolling programme of security tests, reviews and audits.
- Writing Information Security reports and delivering the findings to key stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with technology, security and DP related compliance, legal & regulatory frameworks and standards, including Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, PCI DSS, OWASP, GDPR etc.
- Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge and understanding of information security good practice.
- Experience in working with technical and non-technical business personnel at various levels, articulating security risks in a manner appropriate to the stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Information Security principles and concepts and knowledge of technical security controls.
- A positive can-do attitude and a self-starter who can work under their own initiative.
- Information Security certifications such as CISSP or CISM are beneficial.
Smartdesc is an IT Service Provider and Microsoft Gold Partner whose focus is not-for-profit organisations, which includes charities, social enterprises, and the public sector in the UK. We work with large household names like Mind, YMCA and WaterAid, as well as a diverse mix of other charities and nonprofits.
We provide a range of IT Services including Strategy & IT Leadership, Cyber Security, Helpdesk Support and Project / Programme Management - tailored to non-profits and delivered through proactive partnerships with our customers.
Staff who work for Smartdesc are of the highest quality, and one of the main reasons for our success. We promote from within, pay for your training and certifications, and have fun in a growing and exciting atmosphere. This means staff stay with us for years, because we invest heavily in them - our retention rate is 98% which is far above the competition.
We are a flat management structure without internal politics, and staff are given a high degree of autonomy to do their jobs to the best of their ability. We celebrate success as a team and you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a diverse range of cutting edge technologies and systems, and never pigeonholed into one single area.
Successful candidates deliver exceptional customer support through effort, integrity and honesty. Smartdesc deliver ethical, transparent and customer focused IT services; new team members are carefully picked to ensure they enhance Smartdesc’s ethos and share our values. Since incorporation in 2012 we have grown to over 70 staff and are projected to have a £5M turnover in our current Financial Year.
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom … London, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 53K - 102K * USD 53K+ *
Senior Cyber Security Consultant (Architecture)Active Directory Audits AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISM +12
Career development Health care Medical leave Parental leave Salary bonus +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs