Palo Alto, CA or Remote US
- Support the security compliance of the business and drive IT initiatives
- Support the security direction of the business and help to continually improve the company’s security posture
- Help the company obtain and maintain security certifications
- Help the company maintain strong security-related oversight of third parties, vendors and business partners to safeguard against undue risk presented by external entities
- Help monitor the overall security program, analyzing, documenting findings and reporting program areas for improvement to security leadership
- Help the security team monitor current and proposed security changes impacting regulatory, privacy and security industry best practice guidance
- Respond to customer and potential customer inquiries and questionnaires related to the company’s security practices
- Act as a key participant in incident response to document, track and report on occurrence and resolution
- Contribute to cybersecurity risk analysis
- Track privacy and security metrics, such as #issues by priority, issue resolution times, outstanding areas of issues
- Help assure strong information security risk management and corporate resiliency
- Help administer existing IT systems and select and implement new systems as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, information security, or other degrees in quantitative or analytical subjects (such as applied math, statistics, engineering), or experience equivalent to such degrees.
- Strong analytical skills supported by technical skills and knowledge. Understanding of computer systems, computer networks, and software.
- Smart, motivated, and capable, with strong analytical and quantitative abilities, able to learn new things quickly, analyze issues, identify root causes, and develop corrective actions.
- Able to quickly come up to speed in a new environment.
- Willingness to deal with the rigor required at companies in regulated industries, specifically medical device quality regulations, personal health data regulations, and personal data regulations.
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with people from different business functions and across time zones.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps those people, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management providing an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 50 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko Benefits Include:
- Have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health industry
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.