Senior Network Security Analyst
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1103
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Friday, November 27th, 2020
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Kevin Wang
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and experienced network security analyst to join the Network & Security Platform Operations team.
This position is responsible for analyzing, validating, and implementing security controls and policies on cloud and premise security platforms, and providing, facilitating, documenting and completing internal clients’ security requests. You will be also working with other network team members to make necessary changes for a more secure and efficient network infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with curiosity – who thinks differently about problems and looks for new angles in challenging situations.The ideal candidate will have an excellent base knowledge (8 plus years) in general networking and security practices, but also have an innate ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently with little formal instruction or supervision.
- Work closely with appropriate teams to deploy network security controls based upon policies, standards, and best practices to protect applications and data. Establish timelines for implementation.
- Serve as a hands on subject matter expert in the field of network security. Work with developers, architects, project leads/managers, business analysts and others across the organization, in identifying network security requirements for projects, applications and data
- Collaborate with other IT units, and third-party vendors to achieve security platforms in a secure manner
- Perform security policy review, threat assessments to ensure that policies and security profiles are being deployed with a minimal degree of risk on security platforms. Respond to security events detected by enterprise firewall systems and other security platforms within established SLA's
- Document technical deployments, diagrams, issues identified and analyzed, and deliver these to stakeholders. Maintain accurate and up to date documentation and follow up changes with change management process.
- Analyze and monitor network and security performance on cloud security items and premise firewalls
- Keep up with advancements in network technologies and security solutions Make recommendations for improvements of supported hardware and software. Consult with internal teams and support vendors to enhance overall network infrastructure
- Perform and assist troubleshooting for any network or security events, escalate issues to appropriate resources if needed
- Attend team meetings as required and Participate in the on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer network engineering, cyber security, computer science or related field required.
- Broad knowledge of various elements of network systems, along with how each element can impact security.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences on Security devices (Enterprise Firewall, Internet Content Filters, Data Loss Protection systems etc)
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences on LAN/WAN, strong familiarity with Cisco network technology.
- Knowledge of Certificates and PKI, cyber encryption, IDS/IPS, common protocols of ssl/http/https/ftp/ssh etc.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences on GCP security management, VPC firewall rules, security policy, ssl policy.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences on GCP management of certificates, load-balancers, Cloud Armor, Apigee sense
- Analyzing security systems logs and forensic requirements
- Perform troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure during complex problems
- Monitor for and resolve performance and/or stability issues
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of the network infrastructure
- Monitor, manage and provide guidance to support resources from vendor partners
- Liaise with vendors and other internal team members to ensure stability of the infrastructure and service as a whole
- Establish management practices to proactively forecast necessary capacity increases
- Tier 3 support of network infrastructure; escalation of issues with vendors as required
- Develop procedural and technical documentation
- Hands on experience troubleshooting and assist with integrations between multiple complex technologies
- Ability to understand technical interdependencies between varying layers of infrastructure and participate in strategic planning
- Relay root cause findings to other IT members when appropriate through Problem Management team
- On-call & occasional off-hours work will be a requirement of this role
- Time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Possess strong skills and effective communications in teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the ability to grow with their field.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!