Junior Security Engineer - SOC
TransferWise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 8 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Junior Security Engineer with focus on Incident Response to join our Security Operations team in Tallinn.
For our customers, using TransferWise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a security engineer and help save millions more people money.
The Security Operations Team is responsible for technical security concerns, security incident response lifecycle and AppSec across the company. We work together with product teams to minimize the amount of vulnerabilities introduced into Transferwise products. And we act as the first line of defence for attacks aimed against us internally or externally.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team:
- Help us detect, analyse and mitigate attacks or abuses across the company. You’ll be acting as a 1st line Security Engineer in SOC.
- You will be triaging incoming requests and alerts and help to keep our queues under control.
- You will be improving and developing TransferWise security monitoring solutions and helping relevant teams to solve problematic vectors.
Is this you?
- Are passionate about Cybersecurity and Incident Response;
- You’re passionate about defending web attacks and abuse;
- You like to deal with complicated security incidents;
- Are passionate about working with data - extracting information from large sets of data and finding patterns or abnormal activity;
- Basic understanding of Windows and Linux internals;
- Basic understanding of network security;
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Have worked within a production environment and understand the importance of CI;
- Infrastructure pentesting experience;
- An understanding of what it takes to secure Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience working with IDS solutions;
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions and understanding the difference;
- You understand what a runbook is and can define it for simple IR purposes;
- You understand the value of WAF and how to maintain it;
- You have worked with different SIEM-s and understand what happens under the hood;
- Have automated your detections and mitigations in Python/Go/Java/Powershell/Bash;
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.