2021 Summer Internship: Product Security Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA and Metro Detroit, MI and Palo Alto, CA
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
*At this time, we expect to host our interns onsite at one of Argo AI's locations. However, if COVID-19 prevents us from doing so, internships will be conducted remotely. In the event our internship program is remote, interns will not be required to relocate and must reside in certain states for the duration of their internship. Additionally, remote interns will not receive housing or relocation assistance. Any changes will be communicated to successful candidates in advance of the start of the internship program. Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA.
Meet the team:
The product security and fusa team is responsible for overall product security and functional safety for sensors and platforms of the SDS(self driving system). For product security(ISO-21434) the team performs threat analysis to determine system vulnerabilities. Then the team develops a security architecture based on security requirements that they develop. Additionally the team plans and performs product security testing to include penetration testing. Lastly, this team leads the development of the security case for the SDS for both of our OEM customers.
What you’ll do:
- Apply product security engineering methods to the development of an autonomous vehicle platform
- Areas you might work on:
- Vulnerability analysis
- Threat analysis
- Requirements development
- Penetration testing and planning
- Bi-directional traceability from requirements to architecture to test cases
- Work with team members to establish novel approaches to product security architecture
- Use engineering tools such as Jama, Jira, static analysis tools and secure-code analyzers
- Support the development of evidence for the security case
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Robotics, Computer science or related field (Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Experience in architecture level developments
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, numerical methods and stochastic methods
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems.
Nice to haves:
- Strong problem solving, analytical and OOP skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in cyber security
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.