Cyber Security - Consulting Graduate Programme
London, United Kingdom
WavestoneDiscover Wavestone : we are a new consulting firm providing customized solutions designed to steer our clients in making their most strategic decisions.
In a world where transformation is the key to success, Wavestone's mission is to enlighten and guide large companies and organizations in their transformation with the ambition to make a positive change. This corporate culture, called "The Positive Way", emphasizes shared enthusiasm and is reflected in values such as team spirit, benevolence, transparency, concern for fairness and operational performance.
Wavestone has more than 3,500 employees in 8 countries. It is one of the leading independent consulting firms in Europe and is listed on Euronext in Paris.
More information on www.wavestone.com
The way the world is moving, technology underpins how our clients deliver their services and run their organisations and as a result, they face many new opportunities and challenges associated with this digital transformation (for example moving to the cloud, securing their networks and infrastructure, or adopting new technologies).
Wavestone’s role is to help our clients come up with new approaches to address those opportunities and challenges through engagements such as defining strategies, performing risk assessments, managing projects / programmes, sourcing vendors or doing cost-benefit analyses. In the UK, majority of the clients we work for are Financial Services Institutions, but we also have experience working in transport, energy, retail and public sector among other industries.
As part as the Cybersecurity Graduate programme, you will assist clients in the following areas:
- Security governance and organisation, awareness and training, compliance (GDPR, LPM, NIS), cyber security strategy, risk management
- Cloud security, SOC, security architecture, AI security, security solutions
- Incident response (investigation and crisis management)
- Security of industrial systems and connected objects
- Identity and access management, digital trust services
As a cybersecurity consultant, you will be required to:
- Explore and then master in depth the security issues behind our clients' transformation projects
- Address all aspects of implementation: framing and strategy, opportunity study (market study, Proof of Concept), governance, project management, contribution of expertise via studies, change management, etc.
- Develop skills related to the consultancy position (draft documents in a structured manner, synthesize unprocessed information, reporting, client relations, management, sharing conviction, business development, etc.)
You might be involved in:
- Providing data and insights into the IT estate of a global insurance company
- Analysing the in depth Cloud landscape one of the world's largest insurance providers to provide recommendations on spend and governance
- Supporting a global cybersecurity improvement programme of a major bank and providing recommendations across data protection, risk management, insider threat intrusion and IAM
- Assessment of the Cyber Security strategy and operating model of a luxury fashion house.
- Delivering a strategy for implementing a strong cybersecurity security culture and mindset in a Tier 1 bank.
We also give you the opportunity to actively participate in various internal projects within the company through:
- Publication of articles on our blogs
- Contribution to recruitment, university relationships, responses to commercial proposals, internal training, socials, etc.
- Participation in Wavestone's CSR strategy
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative and positive team within a flat structured environment
- The ability to make an impact in a high-growth business in the UK market, by getting involved in business development, contributing to our value propositions and helping to shape culture by working on internal activities
- You will be assigned a Career Development Manager to help you to create a development plan tailored to your goals
- Opportunity to gain professional certifications including Prince2, BA foundation, Scrum Master, ITIL v4 and others
- Be part of a company with a strong people culture. Our team loves to build connections through monthly team meetings, forums, committees, clubs and regular events such as our monthly team socials, summer and winter parties and annual ski trip
- We are London based company with a fully flexible working policy. We deliver our projects from homes around the UK, our London office and client site.
- £37,000 starting salary with a fixed £2,000 bonus in your first year
- Benefits include 4% company pension, private health and dental cover, life insurance, company share scheme and additional flexible benefits you can select from such as additional holidays, subsidised gym, subscriptions to wellbeing apps or Netflix
What are we looking for:
- People graduating in 2023 or those who have already graduated and now have up to 12-18 months experience. Degrees in STEM subjects are desirable but not mandatory.
- People with a natural curiosity about how technology can solve business problems and have an interest in working on projects in cybersecurity and operational resilience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to foster relationships, build trust and work collaboratively
- You need to be eligible to live and work in the UK at the point of joining. Wavestone do not offer visa sponsorship for this position
At Wavestone, we live by four key values
- Audacity (be bold in the face of challenge and don't be afraid to speak out and think out of the box)
- Passion (enjoying what you do and displaying an enduring commitment to reach the best outcome)
- Exemplary Behaviour (going above and beyond and role modelling for others)
- Team Spirit (working collaboratively and understanding that the team is greater than the sum of its parts).
Diversity and Inclusion:
Wavestone is an equal opportunities employer. We support and celebrate diversity and have dedicated teams to work on anti-racism, gender equality, disability awareness and LGBTQ+ topics. Wavestone have a strong Corporate Social Responsibility agenda, a Women of Wavestone forum and a diversity and inclusion network called Wavestone For All.
If you need assistance or an adjustment to our recruitment process due to a disability or impairment, please reach out to us to discuss.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs