Embedded Reverse Engineer
NavInfo is a China-based technology company who is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning and automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS and autonomous driving.
Founded in 2002, NavInfo is the market leader in navigation map, dynamic traffic information, navigation software development and state-of-the-art customized telematics solutions to both passenger and commercial vehicles.
Now, NavInfo is ushering in the age of autonomous driving with a comprehensive technology development strategy and laying the foundation to become one of the most trustworthy autonomous driving solution providers in the China market and beyond.
NavInfo Europe incorporates the Product Development, Advanced Research and AI Solutions activities for NavInfo. NavInfo Europe discovers, designs and prototypes new artificial intelligence/deep learning methods and architectures in computer vision and cyber security applications.
Are you looking to make great use of your embedded reverse engineering and vulnerability research skills, while continuing to sharpen them? We have the perfect position for you to start a new stage of your career at Navinfo Europe.
We are looking for an Embedded Reverse Engineer to join the Cybersecurity team at Navinfo Europe. Our Cybersecurity team conducts reverse engineering, cybersecurity researches and develops cybersecurity solutions for such areas as Connected Vehicles, IoT, AI, ICS, Telecom. These include but are not limited to:
- Reverse engineering software and hardware components of Connected Vehicles, IoT, AI, ICS, Telecom solutions
- Perform security research involving bug hunting, exploit development
- Participate in Connected Vehicles, IoT, AI, ICS, Telecom cyberthreat intelligence studies, develop threat models, investigate into attack vectors
- Creates organizational knowledge about key technologies, tools, and methodologies
- Write articles, present at conferences in the EU and across the Globe
- 5+ years of work experience in embedded systems development
- 2+ years of software reverse engineering experience including firmware extraction and assembly code analysis
- Proficient in Object-Oriented programming language such as C/C++
- Development experience in Windows and Linux Operating Systems, RTOS, Automotive Grade Linux experience is a plus
- Strong fundamental kernel-level knowledge of RTOS and kernel
- Hands-on experience with security vulnerability techniques, encryption, signing, and public/private key algorithms
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Trust Zone architecture
- Experience with embedded debugging tools – JTAG, in-circuit emulator, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience with any disassembly tool such as IDA Pro
Education and Experience
- Excellent English language communication skills
- BS in CS, CE, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Postgraduate studies in relevant disciplines
- Security research leading to bug bounty and CVE awards is a plus, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of automotive communications protocols (CAN-bus, Flexray, Auto Ethernet, RS-232, SPI, etc) is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Experience in test automation scripting with Python is a plus, but not mandatory
- Automotive industry experience is a plus, but not mandatory
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and methodical, with attention to detail
- Strong team player and technical innovator
Does this profile describe you and are you interested in this function within an informal and innovative organization with a solid customer base? Please apply!
You can expect a challenging job with a market conforming employment package. For more information contact the HR department via email@example.com