Sr. Security Engineer - Detection Engineering
San Francisco or Austin
Posted 5 months ago
About the Department
Information Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Detection and Response team is responsible for engineering the systems and programs needed to protect our company and customer from real world threats.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior engineer to join our Detection and Response team. You will be responsible for designing and scaling our in-house SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management). The SIEM processes logs from Cloudflare’s global infrastructure spanning 200+ POPs, and telemetry from multiple Enterprise security products and services. You’ll be building data pipelines, designing streaming and batch analysis engines, and productionizing Machine Learning models, in Go and Python using cloud native technologies.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience designing, integrating, and optimizing distributed data processing pipelines
- Experience writing high-quality data processing code in Go & Python
- Experience building and administering alerting and monitoring systems around data processing pipelines
- Understand strategies for large scale streaming and batch log analysis
- Experience in continuous integration and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with public clouds like GCP or AWS
- Experience with continuous deployment using Terraform
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience with cloud serverless architectures like Cloudflare Workers, Lambda Functions or Cloud Functions
- Familiarity with cluster and configuration management systems such as Docker, K8s, Salt
- Familiarity writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries
- Experience productionizing Machine Learning models
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.