Application Security Engineer
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about securing products that are helping in the fight against cancer and other diseases?
At Tempus, the Application Security team’s goal is to ensure the products we deliver to oncologists, care teams, and patients is secure. We accomplish this by engaging directly with engineers and product owners and by helping create a secure-by-default approach to developing software.
As an Application Security Engineer, you will join a small team working in tandem with other security-minded engineers of multiple disciplines to help drive a security culture that puts the security, safety, and privacy of our patients first.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with engineering teams on the design, development, and deployment of secure software from proof of concept to production.
- Application security assessments, including code reviews, architecture reviews, threat modeling, and penetration testing
- Building tools to automate and integrate application security testing and compliance.
- Acting as an advocate and resource for secure software development and application security practices.
- Research and discover security bugs that can affect our code or products at scale.
- You have a good understanding of modern security defenses for single page applications (SPA).
- You have a good understanding on how agile software development, CI/CD, and a secure SDLC all tie in together.
- You are capable of writing glue scripts in the language of your choice (we use Python and Go mostly).
- Experience with production applications in GCP and AWS
- Experience with OAuth and JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Experience with CodeQL
- Experience with Burp Suite Pro
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.