Application Security Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Security Engineer. Selected candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, configuration, assessment and administration of enterprise information security systems and infrastructure platforms for WellSky. The position involves the performance of general information system security administration and maintenance, vulnerability management, patch management, and configuration of other security software/solutions used in the identification, detection, protection, prevention, and remediation of security threats.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Designs and implements security controls on public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Designs and executes vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, security audits and security risk assessments to identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Analyzes technical requirements and translates into actionable information for the business
- Recommends solutions or enhancements to improve overall enterprise security
- Deploys, integrates, and configures software (e.g. including Microsoft 365, Tenable, DNS, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, EDR) in accordance with WellSky policy and industry standards
- Provides deployment, integration, configuration, adoption and troubleshooting support
- Researches and provides technical guidance in accordance with industry standards and regulatory compliance requirements
- Participates in the security incident response process, including monitoring, tracking, notification, containment, resolution, escalation, and reporting Performs other duties as requested
- Performs system maintenance activities, including upgrades and patch management
- Prioritizes work and adjusts quickly to shifting priorities in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Manages multiple tasks with accuracy to meet demanding deadlines
- Leverages appropriate tools and processes to address operational roadblocks
- Updates and maintains all documentation in accordance with company processes
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation through JIRA ticketing system
- Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides support
Do you have what it takes?
So, let’s talk about you. Are you a self-starting, upbeat individual with solid written and interpersonal skill, who is an excellent teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative? You will apply innovative methods to develop core SaaS solutions fueled with object-oriented design practices for the Community Services product suite. You will monitor the progress of performance and apply new concepts and/or principals to address any problems as needed. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment while maintaining good communication with leadership and team members.
- Demonstrated experience and/or certification in pubic cloud security such as GCP Cloud Engineer, GCP Cloud Security Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security Specialty
- 3 plus years as a Security Engineer
Do you stand above the rest?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least one security certification equivalent to CISSP, CEH, GIAC
- Preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.
Connect with Ideas That Truly Matter!
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.