Director of Pentester Community
Remote - US
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We leverage the gig economy to connect global security talent with businesses and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We’re seeking an inspiring, passionate Pentester Community Director to recruit, engage, and grow the most talented and most satisfied pentester community in the world.
- The Cobalt Core is a community of highly skilled security pentesters who are passionate about what they do and who are always striving to be at the top of their game. This curated community is made up by security professionals with many years of experience as well as talented pentesters who are eager to learn the trade and show their skills. They all have a strong drive to keep to up to date on the latest vulnerabilities and exploits, and the tools and methodologies to find them. The Cobalt Core is a closed, exclusive group of part-time freelancers.
Pentester Community is a highly strategic function at Cobalt, where you’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to uplevel the Cobalt Core Pentester Community to a state of world class excellence across every element of the pentester lifecycle.
You’re an experienced pentester and people leader who focuses on data-driven execution with an inspiring balance of attention to detail and heart. You have a proven record of expertly managing technical communities and coaching individuals to bring out the best in each and every pentester in the Cobalt Core Pentester Community.
The Pentester Community Director will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and partner with the Director of Pentest Operations and Research.
What You Would Do
- Thought Leadership - Demonstrate the skills and talent of the Cobalt Core Pentester Community via public speaking engagements, community events, and promotion of pentester stories. Partner with Cobalt PR, Content Marketing, and other cross-functional teams to raise awareness of Cobalt Community. Measure and report on Pentester Community successes.
- Cultivate Belonging - Leverage Cobalt’s collaborative pentesting model to unlock exclusive benefits for the Cobalt Core Pentester Community. Foster a sense of care and well being for each other within the community, and create an environment where pentesters can learn from each other and depend on each other. over pentester engagement and satisfaction.
- Oversee Pentester Lifecycle - Elevate the recruiting, assessment, on-going performance evaluation, and off-boarding processes of the Cobalt Core Pentester Community to select and reward the best pentesters in the world.
You Must Have
- Proven track record of building and cultivating communities of technical professionals
- Experience working with distributed teams in a remote first environment
- Managed people and love nurturing and growing talented people
- Applied pentesting, application security, and information security experience is a plus
- Thought leadership in application security (demonstrated by published books, articles, conference talks, courses, etc.) is a plus
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)