Information Security Analyst
New York, New York
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
We’re looking for an experienced Information Security Analyst who can work cross-team with all areas of the company to develop security safeguards and countermeasures to protect Justworks assets, employees and customers. The successful candidate should understand fundamentals of computing and security and be comfortable with scripting and/or Python. The candidate should also have experience in *Nix environment and the use of common cybersecurity tools.
What you'll do
- Perform security related operations
- Perform security audits and assessments
- Perform configuration, network and application technical vulnerability assessments and work with teams to remediate identified issues
- Develop monitoring and detectives capabilities
- Perform security activities and functions including monitoring, triaging and investigation of security events and incidents
- Work with Compliance and teams to develop policies and procedures
- Work with IT and Infrastructure teams on vulnerability and patch management
- Conduct vendor risk assessments
- Evangelize a culture of security to the rest of the company through education, trust and empathy
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience working in information security
- A proven track record in security operations
- Experience with *Nix, MacOS, cloud infrastructure preferred
- Strong Python and/or Bash scripting is a plus
- Certified in one or more of the following CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GIAC (GXPN, GCIH, GCFA, GCIA, GWAPT, GPEN) is a plus
- Strong incident response experience is a plus
- Experience coordinating 3rd party/ vendor risk management or coordinate business continuity and disaster recovery efforts is a plus
- Knowledge of computing and security concepts, and demonstrated understanding of networking fundamentals including subnetting, TCP/IP, protocols such as SSL/TLS, DNS, HTTP, SSH, etc.
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.