Senior Product Security Engineer
Toronto, Ontario Canada
We're looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. We work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers’, shoppers’, and partners’ data.
As one of the early members of the Security Team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Provide consultation to product teams in security architecture & design, and conduct security reviews of new products and services
- Maintain strong knowledge of current security threats, mitigations and operational best practices
- Provide security training, outreach, and guidance to our internal development teams
- Participate in regular security on-call rotations
- 4+ years of experience with threat modeling, security assessments, and broader security technologies
- 4+ years of relevant Security Engineering experience within a technology organization, including software development, cloud computing and mobile applications
- Experience with large-scale web applications and backend services, including API design, access management, authorization, authentication, data protection and encryption
- Superior communication skills - ability to serve as a security advocate and evangelist
- Solid understanding of common application and infrastructure security vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Experience with Ruby and/or Python or the desire to learn them quickly
- Bonus Points – Active contributor to the security community (Security research, CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source, blogs, publications…)