Sr. Security Engineer
Rocket Center, West Virginia, US
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the security support, design, installation and maintenance of security tools and services in support of Department of Defense (DoD) client systems.
- You will conduct system security and vulnerability analysis to include compliance scanning and the development of mitigation plans.
- You will work with all teams’ both technical and non-technical audiences to understand business requirements and recommend appropriate security controls for systems.
- Assist in investigations of potential security violations, respond, and report accordingly.
- Operate and maintain security-related applications and tools.
- Implement and maintain both network and host based IDS/ IPS rules as necessary.
- Install and configure security-related applications, servers and appliances.
- Develop procedures and documentation related to the operation and maintenance of applications and tools.
- Perform analysis of network traffic and security events.
- Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cyber security operations and maintenance environment – 4 Years
- Subject Matter Expertise in McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator / HBSS – 3 Years
- Network/System traffic/event analysis – 3 Years
- Vulnerability Management – 2 Years
- Tenable Security Center / Nessus Vulnerability Scan Tools – 2 Years
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Administration – 2 Years
- Incident Response Management – 2 Year
- Ability to work independently or lead and mentor team as the business needs change
- DoD 8570 Compliant certification: CASP or CISSP
- Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of firewalls and intrusion prevention/detection systems including the ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of networking best practices
- Prior experience working with DoD accredited networks and enclaves
- Knowledgeable with Security Event Log monitoring platforms
- Understanding of security compliance related to RMF, FISMA, NIST, or other security and risk management regulations
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows operating systems
- PERL, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with the following specific tools: QRadar, Nessus Security Center, McAfee ePO,
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: CASP CISSP Clearance FISMA IDS Incident response IPS Linux NIST Perl PHP Python Security Clearance Strategy Vulnerability management Windows