Security Engineer, CorpSec
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Our drivers and passengers entrust Lyft with their personal information and travel details to get where they're going and expect us to keep that data safe. Lyft's security team leads efforts across the company to ensure our systems are secure and worthy of our users' trust.
The security team designs and builds Lyft's security architecture, consult with other teams as they build and launch new products and features, proactively plans for the unexpected, and responds to incidents that occur. Our work affects the entire company and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web application security, as well as mobile apps, IT, and autonomous vehicles. We try to approach security from a software engineering standpoint. We believe in scaling security through automation and tooling and we ship frequently. Check out our blog posts at https://eng.lyft.com/tagged/security to learn more about some of the things we’ve built.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team to perform service and application security review, and move us along our maturity journey. In order to be scalable, each secure product quality gate must be automated and integrated into our software release pipeline. Our grand vision is a fully automated series of quality controls that constantly validate that our code is secure. In short, we’re building a robot army that constantly validates our current security status. Don’t you want to live in this beautiful world?Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with teams across Lyft to ensure security best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our service offerings
- Conduct penetration testing, code review and breach readiness across our online and mobile infrastructure
- Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Lyft
- Research and implement automated code security quality gates
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners both internally and externally
- Threat modeling, code review, penetration testing against cloud environments and/or mobile (IOS/Android)
- Conduct code review against one or many of the following languages
- Swift / Objective C
- Development skills to automate code security assessments
- Computer networking concepts and protocols, application and network security methodologies
- Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth)
- Present findings, recommendations and results to leadership
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.