Senior Product Security Engineer - Data Security
Remote (United States, Canada, Ireland, Germany or United Kingdom))
Reporting to the head of security, the Senior Product Security Engineer - Data Security overseeing product privacy use will consult with data engineering teams, conduct privacy-focused code reviews, privacy impact assessments at the design phase, promote privacy by design concepts, and work on enablement tools that increase privacy.
You'll join a highly-distributed team that’s building a paved security path so our team of more than 130 engineers to ensure our infrastructure provides value to legitimate customers. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning. You’ll be part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish a refined culture of privacy and security.
- Partner with Security Operations, Product, Legal and Platform Security Engineering.
- Write and maintain sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code for infrastructure and security automation.
- Lead data anonymization and encryption projects.
- Be a subject matter expert on not just privacy compliance, but best practices that go above and beyond what’s required.
- Report up to security management about product engineering’s focus on data insights.
- Participate in the Security Team’s on-call incident rotation.
- Respond to bug emails submitted by security researchers and work on remediation.
What We're Looking For:
Process makes you feel good. Learning something new every day is essential to your happiness. Mentoring is a primary reason why you love your profession. You are compassionate and genuinely like people. Privacy is not an afterthought, it’s a way of life.
Does that sound like you? If so, here’s the experience we’re looking for:
- Security mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Passionate advocate for user privacy.
- Comfortable designing and anonymizing large data sets.
- Five years experience with privacy best practices and an ability to work with key business stakeholders in a non-adversarial way.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Calm under high-pressure situations.
- Comfortable working in a modern cloud environment that uses Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS and GCP.
- A willingness to learn new languages. We use Clojure, Go and TypeScript.
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
- Ability to manage customer demands and work with internal stakeholders to solve them.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix:
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States, Ireland, The United Kingdom, Germany and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.