Information Security Engineer (Azure/Google Cloud/AWS)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER (AZURE/GOOGLE CLOUD/AWS)
SpaceX is looking for an Information Security Engineer with expertise in securing cloud solutions and deployments. This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and will focus on managing all aspects of cloud security, such as secure creation and management of cloud resources, monitoring and alerting, logging and audit trail, networking, cloud-based IDS/IPS and DLP solutions, etc. You must understand, design, and implement appropriate safeguards and security controls in various cloud environment to reduce overall risk. The ideal candidate will be flexible, excel at multi-tasking, and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This person should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess the ingenuity to excel in this position.
- Provide expertise on securely deploying, managing, and ongoing maintenance of any of the major cloud solutions (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Create solutions that are scalable, repeatable, maintainable and secure
- Secure IaaS/PaaS services for major cloud platforms
- Evaluate, configure and deploy native cloud-based security solutions such as Google Cloud Data Loss Prevention or AWS CloudTrail
- Deeply understand cloud-based security solutions, their values and shortcomings, and act as a subject matter expert for their configuration, ongoing maintenance, and integrations
- Work closely with technology and development teams to design and implement best-in-class secure cloud implementations
- Identify and provide technical evaluation of risk in the enterprise, assist in the articulation and documentation of that risk, and discover, select, and implement technology and process solutions that mitigate those risks
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, information security, computer science or similar technical field of study and 2+ years of information security, networking and/or systems administration experience; or 4+ years of information security experience without a degree
- Experience integrating Azure with on-prem services like Active Directory, DNS, firewalls, and load balancers
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Security, Zero Trust, IAM, Networking, and/or Data Security
- Experience with a programming or scripting language, such as C#, Python, or PowerShell
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Azure GCC High, or GCP services and/or an understanding of how Cloud infrastructure works
- Experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization
- Prior experience with vulnerability management
- Experience with Azure Security Center
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance, auditing, eDiscovery
- Strong grasp of OS (Windows/Linux/etc.) system internals and enterprise configuration management standards
- Ability to interface with vendors and internal stakeholders to diagnose and troubleshoot problems, as well as consult on architectural design and configuration changes
- Experience automating work-flows and streamlining processes in the security space
- Track record of getting things done quickly and with quality
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, evolving environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.