Lead Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Boulder, Colorado, US
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for day-to-day Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) operations, to include collections management, analysis standards, quality control, and dissemination of finished products to a wide range of technical and non-technical internal customers, such as security operations teams, information technology teams, enterprise risk management teams, and executive decision makers.
- Threat Research and Intelligence Product Development
- Analyst and Project Management
- Briefings and Multi-function team support
- Mentoring and training other CTI Team staff
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Develop, create, & drive current & new reporting methods of Intelligence analysis to peers and leadership teams for purposes of situational awareness and ensuring Intelligence products are actionable
- Solid understanding of exploitation and Persistence TTPs and intimate knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model on Intrusion Analysis, MITRE ATT&CK, or other relevant network defense and intelligence frameworks.
- Conduct analysis of Threat Intelligence collected internally and externally to identify current impact to client systems or applications based upon a thorough understanding of infrastructure, application architecture, network protocols.
- Brief and report to team members and senior leadership regarding the risks to the organization
- Utilize the threat intelligence platform to understand adversary tools, techniques, procedures, threat actors and campaigns, and malicious domains, URLs, IPs, and sites
- Certification(s) required: Sec+ minimum
- Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Military or government service in cyber or intelligence operations a plus
- GCTI, CISSP, or other high level investigative or security certifications a bonus
- Experience with major SIEM, EDR, SOAR, and TIP technologies
- Experience in a Managed Services environment a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture CISSP Clearance IPS Military SIEM Strategy Threat intelligence Threat Research TTPs