Enterprise Security Engagement Specialist
ENTERPRISE SECURITY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
The Enterprise Security Support Team (ESST) helps to keep our 8,000+ associates, who work at our 100+ various locations, Safe and Secure everyday. By collaborating with various Carvana teams the ESST delivers strategic planning, security program development, security technology innovation, asset protection processes, data analytics, crisis management, and project management. In partnership with the Field Asset Protection Team and the Remote Safe and Secure Team - the ESST is an integral part of our Enterprise Security Organization.
The Enterprise Security Engagement Specialist (ESES) is responsible to coordinate internal and external efforts related to law enforcement engagement for stolen or fraudulent units. The ESES will form close partnerships with the Fraud Team, Financial Operations, STC, and Market Operations to put in place proactive steps concerning awareness and process improvement to minimize fraud. The ESES will act as the primary point of communication between Carvana and Law Enforcement to ensure our customers’ needs are being met. The ESES will support large theft investigations to ensure Carvana is leveraging all resources to reduce risk in our portfolio.
What you’ll be doing
- Coordinate with various internal partners to understand fraud scope, define key areas of risk, identify possible solutions, and collaboratively drive implementation to reduce fraud losses.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Law Enforcement Partners. Coordinate information gathering and case management to ensure support is being delivered to meet our customer’s needs.
- Lead internal investigative efforts related to large scale fraud or theft impacting unit loss rate. Partner closely with the legal team to ensure facts are gathered to facilitate prosecution when appropriate. Present case findings to various partners to ensure alignment with appropriate resolution.
- Partner with external agencies and law enforcement to seek resolution of theft/fraud cases. Develop proactive relationships with external parties to mitigate Carvana’s risk exposure.
- Use data analysis to understand the root cause of fraud/theft issues and work closely with the Field Asset Protection Team to develop solutions.
- Be an integral member of the Carvana Fraud Task force coordinating multiple activities to reduce fraud rate
- Develop and implement projects that drive awareness and deliver necessary training to avoid fraud and theft in our markets.
Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, finance or criminal justice).
- 5 to 7 years of investigative experience in a large corporate or complex environment.
- Fraud process experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter’s mentality.
- Analytical skills/mindset.
It would be great if you also had
- Master’s degree (preferably in business, finance, criminal justice, or social administration).
Certifications in fraud or investigation.
- Qualitative analysis and loss review experience.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.