Principal Security Engineer
At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role
As a Principal Security Engineer at Remitly, you will report to the Engineering Manager of Security. You will solve the most technical security challenges and be the technical security representative at Remitly. You will be an essential voice in engineering leadership. You will shape and promote our long-term technical vision. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you should reflect a growth and improvement mindset. Most of all, you should care about our customers and view security as an avenue to reliably provide customer peace of mind.
- Develop essential security projects at a company level and oversee their implementation
- Be an expert in multiple verticals related to Information Security (e.g. Cloud Security, Vuln Management, AppSec)
- Be an owner in building and shaping the Security for Remitly
- A BS (MS preferred) in Cyber Security, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience as a security engineer
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- Substantial experience building robust security solutions
- Experience building technical security designs and processes across multiple teams
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages like Go and C
- Experience mentoring for other engineers and providing constructively direct feedback across organizations
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer