Senior Cyber Security Product Manager (1008015)
Mexico City, Mexico
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Hitachi Vantara seeks a passionate and talented Product and Service Manager. This person will be responsible of all aspect of Security of our products and services. They are representing the CISO on the product development side and ensure that product and services are developed and deliver in a manner that will not affect our customer’s security or Hitachi Vantara’s reputation.
This person has ultimate responsibility to define the security feature set and recommend go no-go decision on product release based on product posture.
As a Product Manager, you will be the voice of the customer and drive software development to deliver solutions to understand status, performance, configuration and risk assessment across Hitachi Vantara hardware platforms Software application and Services. Additionally, you will facilitate go-to-market activities including Support/Services, Marketing, and Sales to ensure the success and growth of our products.
A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision: a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen. You must be able to communicate throughout all areas of the company including engineering, marketing, sales, support and services to drive awareness and adoption as well as profitability for responsible products.
- Define product strategy and oversees product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle.
- Work across product and solution teams to drive and demonstrate vision and capabilities.
- Work across product and solution teams to drive and support integration activities.
- Develop and communicate vision and strategy to internal and external executives
- Specify and document product roadmaps and requirements by gathering knowledge through customer interaction, sales engagements, competitive analysis and analyst research.
- Create requirements based on customer needs and competitive products, review market trends and competitive offerings.
- Interface with customers and sales to drive product direction.
- Prioritizes requirements and defines product vision.
- Works closely with other Product and Services Managers, Product Marketing, engineering, services, support and operations to oversee and approve product design, enhancements.
- Prepare the new product for launch (represent the security Organization at the Go-to-market meetings) and to monitor quality of the product and services during the entire product lifecycle.
- As appropriate, tracks P&L and assesses impact of various decisions on product growth and profitability.
- Provide Technical Security SME support for review of vendors security architecture and controls, obligations related to information security.
- Oversees product vulnerability handling, advise on customer communication and drive mitigation and remediations activities.
- Attend industry standards and relevant conferences to both influence and stay abreast of new and future industry standards, regulations and compliance requirements.
- Liaise with the legal/privacy community to ensure their standards are met in all product and services.
- Maintain the Core Product and Services Security Requirement (CPSSR) document, ensure its communication to the rest of the Product management community, engineering community and Services and support community.
- Evaluate each product on their compliance to the CPSSR and report to each Business Unit on a score card.
- Frequent interaction with customers to deliver product vision and roadmaps as well as provide demonstrations and answer technical questions.
- Provides status updates to leadership throughout the product life cycle.
- 5+ years of software, hardware product management experience.
- Deep knowledge of datacenter / storage technologies, cloud technologies and delivery As-a-Service.
- This position requires domestic and international travel (30%).
- Able to manage internal and external expectations.
- Able to communicate, guide, and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Able to multi-task and deliver consistently on deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity.
- Able to communicate risks and recommendations to Senior Leadership and management.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organization skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate leadership, including the ability to influence all levels of management towards a common goal.
- Ability to create and manage project schedules of various levels of complexity.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills and ability to quickly discern differing points of view versus derailing points of view.
- Experience with the delivery of security, risk, maturity assessments programs.
Conversant in financial management and ensure programs meet their requirements for return on investment.
- A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science or related field.
- Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science or MIS a strong plus.
- CISM, CISSP, CISA highly desired.
- Excellent computer proficiency including MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and MS Project.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.