Malware Protection Specialist
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, LU
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Malware Defense Specialist - Senior
The main responsibility of Malware Defense Specialist is maintaining Antivirus infrastructure for IBM customers. This includes insuring the compliance and currency of the software version, monitoring and analyzing alerts and acting as single point of contact in case of Malware outbreaks.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Remediation of any gaps in antivirus coverage, providing guidance and acting as escalation point to authorized customer security contacts in case of malware issues found on supported endpoints.
• Assistance to customer with interpretation/assessment of any vendor analysis of samples and remediation instructions as applicable.
• Providing of instructions on how to repair AV product on endpoints.
• Proposals of Next-Gen antivirus solutions, analysis.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Advanced MS Office usage
• OS/Middleware (Win / Linux) knowledge
• Broad technical understanding (multiple platforms, received information require technical understanding to be interpreted)
• managing & troubleshooting enterprise level TrendMicro Deep Security AV products or similar legacy AV products
• Next-Gen AV is a plus (CarbonBlack)
• Network background, orientation in network security tools
• BigFix and/or deployment tools are a plus
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Linux Malware Network security