SOC Security Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Exciting SOC Security Analyst contract opportunity.
- 3 plus years of experience in IT Security, preferably in a medium to large SOC or NOC environment with a 24x7x365 operating model.
- Qradar SIEM experience in a security environment.
- Identify, triage, and remediate threats based on threat intelligence as well as active analysis of log data. Investigate and communicate with peers on the risk posed by these threats. Report on findings from investigations and incidents to the broader organization as necessary.
- Assess, triage and prioritize security alerts from logging and monitoring systems.
- Analysis of network data (e.g., packets, logs) and endpoint data (e.g., logs, malicious artifacts) in both structured and unstructured methods.
- Analysis of malware to determine indicators of compromise, and create signatures for future detection of similar samples.
- Participate in rotational on-call duties in support of a 24x7 global production environment.
Job tags: Malware SIEM Threat intelligence