Sr. Network Security Engineer (Starlink)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a Sr. Network Security Engineer to join our Starlink Network Engineering team to help build and operate a network with global scale. You will be part of a team with significant impact on the service delivered to our customers around the world by ensuring our network is highly secure yet accessible by our customers.
- Architect the security evolution of Starlink’s terrestrial network assets, network co-location sites, subscriber management subsystems, and points of presence (POPs)
- Lead and execute projects aimed at improving Starlink’s network security stance via vulnerability management for all key assets and operational measures to mitigate accepted risks across the network
- Assist in negotiating technical aspects of supplier and service provider contracts
- Mentor and train junior network security engineers
- 5+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider or enterprise network (at least 2 of which in a senior network security role)
- Strong operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
- Cisco CCIE, JNCIE, or Nokia SRA certification, or 5+ years of network engineering experience in lieu of those certifications
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Cybersecurity certifications: CompTIA CASP+, CISSP, CEH, CCIE Security
- Deep understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Anti-DDoS measures
- Routing Protocol security
- Switching & Routing, Data center, DNS, DHCP and WAN Connectivity
- Subscriber Management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Hands-on experience with bringing up network security infrastructure and also deploying network nodes
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Experience working on wireless networks
- Experience working on software defined networking (SDN) and/or network function virtualization (NFV)
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.