Network Security Engineer
Are you an exceptional Network Security Engineer with a focus on firewalls? Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Are you looking to join an exceptional team of network security engineers that could teach you a thing or two? Then Fivesky is very interested to speak with you.
Who you are:
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, with some major credits in Comp Sci
- Have 4+ years of experience in firewall deployment and network management
- You have your CCNP (We’d love this) or equivalent experience
- Worked in a modern shop may even be the financial services sector, but, it’s fine if not
What you’ve done:
- Worked with NGFW (Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco ISE, AlgoSec) and NAC and all that goes along with it, with a strong understanding of routing protocols, and working on security features like IPS & AppSec.
- Provided security solutions focusing on DMZ
- Configured and deployed firewalls and used your superior app connectivity skills
- Understand networking/design skills which includes things like routing, switching, Ethernet, F5, TCP/IP, packet trace and analysis
- Utilized SMTP, TLS, DNS and, other standards
- Network protocol experience
- Experience with Linux and Linux scripts
- Wrote scripts from scratch in order to automate as much as possible (Python is highly desirable)
- Work experience in an Agile DevOps environment. (Ansible/Cloud)
What you will do:
- Provide the highest level of support for network security products & services with a focus on Nextgen firewalls (NGFW).
- Review and improve applications, networks, and systems, as well as create new and edit existing operational runbooks.
- Work with other teams and provide training and assistance to your coworkers
- Deploy and administer the network security systems, as well as administer security policy on products under the team’s support
- Identify and respond to problems related to technology
- Provide off-hour coverage every 8-weeks
Skills we require:
- NGFW and and VPN platforms (Juniper, Fortinet)
- Intrusion Protection (IP)
- Experience deploying and configuring FW and troubleshooting app. connectivity
- Packet tracing (Wireshark) and TCP/IP
- Log search and analysis (Splunk, regex)
- NAC techniques (802.1x and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB))
It would be awesome if you had strong Linux and scripting skills for automation
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.