Senior Manager, Security Operations (Secure Access Engineering)
Remote - United States
GitHubGitHub is where over 94 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
GitHub is changing how the world builds secure software and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for our Secure Access Engineering team. You will lead a group of highly technical security engineers, advocate for them, guide technical discussions, work to hire a diverse group of incredibly talented people, and more. If you have a foundation in information security, enjoy supporting teams across all experience levels, and are excited by the idea of building and managing a world class security team, then this might be just the opportunity for you.
- Oversee the day to day operations of a team that builds and operates security infrastructure and tooling at scale.
- Maintain a 24x7 on call rotation for critical internal services.
- Support the Secure Remote Access (VPN, Bastion Hosts, SSH) and Secrets Management (Vault, GitHub Secrets, Password Management) domains for GitHub’s Security Operations organization.
- Coach and performance manage your team; provide technical leadership to grow the team through candid, ongoing feedback, mentoring, and career development.
- Find and recruit talented developers to contribute to our goal of more secure platforms
- Ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent, of high quality, and that follows operational best practices.
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams to ensure the secure and timely delivery of key business objectives.
- Manage internal communications, both written and verbal, in support of large scale project delivery.
- Partner with peer managers within the Secure Access Engineering organization to coordinate cross functional initiatives.
- Report directly to the Director of Secure Access Engineering and support road map planning and strategy setting for large scale security initiatives at GitHub.
- 4+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience with Identity and Access Management, Secure Remote Access, Secrets Management or related Information Security domains.
- 2+ years experience with modern software development practices used to build and deploy web or other server applications.
- Leadership experience with teams that build and operate security infrastructure and tooling at scale.
- Experience with escalation management, escalation support and incident handling.
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Ability to explain and advise on security design and implementation of complex security problems.
- Experience with hiring and growing teams
- A high comfort level with asynchronous work environments
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and ability to understand the value and drivers behind adjusting style and tone for a given audience, including technical and non-technical peers and leaders across the company
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $304,590.
At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs