Senior Cyber Security Technical Lead
Who we are:
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are a high-performing team that is excited by complex security challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. The cyber security team is focused on ensuring the resilience of our corporate environment with focus on protection of our corporate IP and employee data. Cyber security is a team sport, and we are looking for someone who is ready to step into a lead role and work hand-in-hand with our team of engineers to ensure their environment is optimized for leading-edge capabilities and security. Argo is building technology of the future and our cyber security team needs to stay a step ahead of that!
Perhaps most importantly, we want you to share in and exemplify Argo’s Core Values:
- Safety is Number One. It’s our way of working each and every day.
- We build the future street-by-street, block-by-block, going city-to-city.
- Honesty and humility always win over hubris and headlines.
- Respect is everyone’s responsibility.
- Embracing differences delivers superior results.
- If in doubt, find a way to figure it out.
- Solutions are only as good as the problems they solve.
- We > I
- History is made by those who never give up.
What you’ll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of software engineers to implement best-in-class cyber security for our development and cloud environments
- Identify security gaps and implement remediations within Argo’s IT infrastructure - with specific focus on the software engineering environment
- Build on our solid foundation to develop a cyber security strategy that secures existing and next-generation technology needs by working closely with our fast-moving IT, engineering and administrative teams
- Have unwavering focus on the protection of Argo’s intellectual property, our employee information, and the data that our partners share with us
- Document infrastructure security requirements, as-builts, and develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Tailor and implement a software security framework (such as BSIMM) to measure Argo’s software security initiatives
- Maintain and expand the scope of our ISO 27001 certification and identify/achieve other appropriate security certifications
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of cyber security experience with at least 3 years of proven leadership experience
- Subject matter expert in several security technologies (depth) with ability to lead across enterprise security domains (breadth)
- Communication skills that show ability to move from high-level, executive awareness to deep technical details
- Ability to expertly collaborate across multiple disciplines and levels of the organization
- Ability to multitask with expert organizational skills in a fast-paced environment is a must
- Open-mindedness, creative thinking, willing to take calculated risks, and make informed decisions
- Ability to operate effectively as a leader, manager, and collaborator with technical leadership
- A sense of humor and unparalleled passion/energy
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.