Security Engineer (Remote OK)
Posted 7 months ago
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm values information security as being critical to the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it!
The Security Engineer candidate will have experience crafting software solutions for the transformation, delivery, ingestion, processing, storage, detection, and alerting of security logs and metrics. The ideal candidate will work alongside the greater Affirm Observability team while taking ownership of security log monitoring facilities.
What you'll do
- Configure and implement facilities for the ingestion and monitoring of information security logs including logs related to AWS API usage, server and container-based audit logging, database access logs, and application security logging.
- Develop and deploy AWS-based infrastructure using Terraform configurations and standard source code management tooling.
- Perform incident response as part of the greater Security team. Incorporate lessons learned from incident investigations into monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Work closely with teammates to effectively test, tune, and deploy security technologies that are scalable and enhance detection and response.
- Develop effective and efficient internal security procedures and documentation (i.e. runbooks), used for day-to-day security operations.
- Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
What we look for
- Experience configuring and monitoring SIEM software and log collection facilities. Extra points for Elastic SIEM experience!
- Experience developing, configuring, and securing AWS cloud services.
- Software development experience, using Python.
- Hands-on experience running container-based infrastructure.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Terraform.
- Database experience including administration and monitoring preferred.
- Basic understanding of Developer Best Practices using source code version control encouraged (e.g. GitHub etc)
- Foundational knowledge of and passion for Cyber Security concepts
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus