Cyber Security Analyst
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Are you looking to expand your Cyber Security knowledge?
You enjoy being hands-on and you hold a broad range of technical knowledge, skills, and abilities. You will be able to assist with the development and continuous improvement of the security platforms within Content + Cloud and its customer environments.
As a CSOC Analyst, you will be using a variety of SIEM and security toolsets. Although the focus is on Cyber Security, knowledge and/or experience of modern IT systems and infrastructure is advantageous.
We are busy and the pace is fast, but your colleagues are always willing to lend a hand or offer an alternative view on things. Training and development are fully encouraged within the team and career mobility is fully supported when the time is right.
***This is a shift-based role, working 4on 4off, incorporating rotational night shifts***
- Work within a multi-disciplined CSOC team identifying, owning, progressing and resolving security incidents.
- Perform the prompt and effective triage and investigation of security events and incidents applying sound problem solving methods to determine scope, urgency, and potential impact.
- Provide technical support for the identification and response to events or incidents of a suspicious or malicious nature, and apparent security breaches.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Drive customer satisfaction and continuously seek to improve operational performance
- Maintain a continuous understanding of the threat landscape with in-depth knowledge around threat actors, TTPs and vulnerabilities
- Excellent soft skills in the form of team working, problem solving and communication.
- A keen self-starter who can evidence excellent customer service and can collaborate effectively.
- Demonstrable experience working with SIEM technology, preferably within a CSOC / SOC environment
- Demonstrable technical knowledge, skills and/or experience in intrusion analysis, and network and security investigation using a variety of security tools (EDR, DLP, AV, Snort, Wireshark, TCPdump etc.).
- Working knowledge and experience of core security and infrastructure technologies (e.g. firewall logs, network security tools, malware detonation devices, proxies, IPS/IDS)
- Strong knowledge of understanding of multiple operating systems.
- One or more of the following industry certifications: CEH, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, Security+, GCTI
- Experience in secured cloud architectures (Azure, AWS) and engineering solutions
- Formal experience in Digital Forensics or experience using EnCase, FTK Imager or similar
- An awareness of cyber security-related standards and regulations, for example, NIST, CIS, ISO 27001 and PCI DSS
*NB*This role requires the following National Security vetting:
National security vetting: Security Check
For more details about those requirements and to see if you are eligible, please follow this link.
Click here for the list of benefits.
This is a remote-first hybrid role. See here for details about our C+C hybrid workstyle. #LI-Hybrid
Hit the apply button to easily share your details with us and we promise to respond quickly.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeContractMid Mid-levelUSD 67K - 100K * USD 67K+ *
Informa Group Plc.
Cyber Security Analyst (12 month fixed-term contract)Active Directory Azure CompTIA DNS EDR Incident response IT infrastructure +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Medical leave +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs