Cyber Security Risk Manager - Technology, Innovation & Engineering
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ988
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Friday, October 30th 2020
# Positions available:1
Leader Name: Harm Cassam, Managing Director, Risk Management, Technology, Innovation & Engineering
As ATB’s next Cyber Security Risk Manager you will be responsible for continuous cyber risk oversight of ATB’s systems and processes within the Technology, Innovation and Engineering (TIE) organization. Key activities include new initiative risk assessments, monitoring of key risk indicators, preparing assessments for risk committees, negotiating the resolution of security issues, escalating concerns, and monitoring the external threat landscape. Your focus is to partner and collaborate with team members across TIE and work together to identify, inform, and report on risks and validate the effectiveness of controls. As a strong connector and influencer you act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders to identify opportunities to enhance controls and processes, all the while keeping the Customer Experience top of mind.
Cyber Security Risk Manager Accountabilities:
- Prepare risk assessments, reports, and risk-related presentations; and challenge evaluations performed by other team members
- Prepare cyber risk and compliance presentations for risk committees to assist in evaluation of ATB’s cyber landscape and development of mitigation strategies
- Lead / facilitate / implement / escalate actions and remediation plans to address those processes, risk or governance issues identified as requiring treatment
- Coach other team members across the Technology, Innovation and Engineering (TIE) organization in cyber security risk identification, risk controls, and risk treatment
- Keep abreast of cyber security best practices to regularly evaluate cyber security posture across technology solutions
- Collaborate and partner with project and operating teams to build an effective risk culture, providing insight and strategies around how to improve and reimagine the way work is done
- Understand how emerging initiatives modify previously identified risks
- Assess trends in activities and processes which result in risk or compliance gaps across the TIE organization
- Partner with Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organization in the evaluation and resolution of cyber security risks
- Proactively analyze potential risks and ensure those risks are aggregated / escalated to the appropriate risk owners
Skills and Experience you bring:
- 7+ years of experience in IT security and software management systems, preferably with direct financial industry experience
- Cyber security related qualifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), GAIC (Global Information Assurance Certificate), Security Expert, relevant ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) designation, or other equivalent is desired
- Deep understanding of regulatory and Controls requirements such as FFIEC, NIST, PCI, SOX, COBIT, HIPAA, and ISO 2700x
- Experience assessing risk and challenging the status quo
- Strong critical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, to recognize and resolve complex issues and devise creative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, with the ability to deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner
- Proficiency in Google Suite and other analytical / statistical tools (eg. Google Data Studio, Tableau)
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and effective work habits as well as being an influencer of others
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!