Incident Response Program Manager - Shopify Fulfillment Network (Americas, Remote)
Toronto, ON, Canada
ShopifyStart a business or grow an existing one with the all-in-one commerce platform. Try Shopify for free and get more than just ecommerce software.
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With a merchant count in the millions in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Shopify Fulfillment Network is a dispersed network of fulfillment centres, powered by machine learning that predicts the closest fulfillment centre and optimizes inventory quantities to ensure fast low-cost delivery.
Large marketplaces have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our mission is to transform the $8- 12B fragmented and outdated logistics industry and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast, affordable fulfillment.
Fulfillment is complex and one of the biggest challenges for our merchants. Shopify’s mission is to absorb complexity to streamline products that are simple and easy thus allowing merchants to invest more resources on growing their business.
To achieve this goal, even when Logistics grows and becomes more complex, the Merchant Success team will play a vital role in prioritizing and coordinating incident responses to minimize the merchants impact & in proactively finding patterns to reduce the issue recurrence by engaging in post-incident analysis, learning, and action planning. The Incident Response Program Manager is trained and supported with the appropriate knowledge and tools to determine what action items should be prioritized, which teams should be involved to resolve the incident, and create feedback loops to avoid the same incident happening to other merchants, when possible.
Acts as the single-threaded owner of the Incident Response program within Logistics and continuously improves the overall health of the program
Develops and maintains incident management plans, playbooks, data streams and processes, and continuously communicates and promotes best practices in support of incident resolution
Collaborates with SFN Merchant Support in identifying the appropriate severity of the incident & works closely with the Sales, Marketing and Merchant Success teams to provide timely and comprehensive updates
Drives incidents to resolution by assigning the right teams and individuals, escalate early and often, and prioritize effectively
Categorizes, quantifies, and reports KPIs and service levels associated with the incidents, and identifies trends & opportunities for standardization and/or automation
Engages in post-incident analysis, learning, and action planning including oversight and implementation of recommendations for improvements through preventative mechanisms, and reduces common incident recurrence.
Coordinates with Shopify Core incident response teams for systems and process alignment, and to share best practices.
Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
Superb communication and presentation skills: distills complex information into easily digestible, succinct communications and presentations to guide your stakeholders understand the importance of their contribution to resolve, mitigate, and eliminate incidents
Proven self-starter: possess the curiosity and motivation to continuously learn and operate without clear directives and thrives in an ambiguous and ever-changing organization
Experience in coordinating incident responses and communications in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with appropriate tools and techniques
Strong knowledge of shipping and inventory management
- A team player mindset with flexibility to take on & master varying Merchant Success tasks (i.e. reporting requests, multi-day task coordination, fulfillment history audits, project managing operational tasks across multiple fulfillment centers, and billing reviews)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs