Joint SOF Trainer (Cyber) IV
Tampa, Florida, United States
WWC GlobalWWC Global is a federally-focused, woman-owned management serving the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of State, and USAID, U.S. Agency for International Development.
The Joint SOF Trainer (Cyber) IV assists Theater Special Operations Commands, SOF Service Components, and joint Special Operations Forces (SOF) Headquarters in the planning, coordination, and execution of functional and joint collective training that focuses at the operational and strategic levels of war. The trainers support joint SOF headquarters includes individual, staff, and unit collective training, academic events, senior leader seminars, planning exercises, tabletop exercises, and functional area workshops. This support culminates in the execution of joint mission rehearsals, command post exercises, and other collective training events that supports the USSOCOM 350-12 certification and validation program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and strategic and operational-level joint training primarily in the area of Cyber. Perform in-depth research, analysis, and training to support the Theater Special Operations Commands, SOF Service Components, and joint SOF Task Force Commanders’ readiness and exercise programs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain functional currency and relevancy and awareness of SOF and Joint Enterprise training requirements through constant research
- Prepare appropriate training methods and materials based on Adult Learning and Training principles that train Battle Staffs on the 12 SOF core activities and 18 SOF joint HQs tasks at the operational and strategic levels.
- Maintain functional and cooperative relationships with operational and strategic level planners and leaders in the USSOCOM HQs, GCC's, TSOC's, the Joint Staff, and JSOC, in order to facilitate a synchronized effort in exercise design and execution across the community of interest
- Support exercise design, JELC planning, scenario scripting, key staff role playing, training, and observations
- Utilize the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate) model in executing the Joint Training System / Joint Training Tool to determine exercise and training requirements, design and develop appropriate training materials and scripting for in-person and online delivery, deliver in-person and online training using adult training principles, observe and evaluate training effectiveness and efficiency
- Create or review/critique events concepts, to include purpose, objectives, broad scenario characteristics, processes, and products to support the mission and objectives of the event’s sponsor; use real-world events and operational planning concepts
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to work in remote and rural environments.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle in environments including city, highway, and rural roads CONUS and OCONUS.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 21-49% / Regular Travel.
- This position may require travel to remote overseas locations for extended periods of time.
WWC Global, a Pequot company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at email@example.com.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or professional cybersecurity certifications in lieu of a bachelors degree such as CISSP, Offensive Security’s OSCP, SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) or eLEARN Security’s EJPT and minimum 4 years’ specialized experience in the cyber field.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- 4 years’ experience in Cyberspace development for individual, staff, and collective training as well as military tactical and operational experience.
- Detailed understanding and experience in Joint Cyberspace Training and Certification and fundamental concepts and terminology/lexicon (i.e., CNE, DAM, OCO, DCO, DOD/N OPS), principles, capabilities, limitations, and effects
- 4 years of experience participating in long-range, strategic planning efforts and future and current ops with other DoD and non-DoD Computer Network Operations (CNO) participants, with proven knowledge of the Joint Operational Planning Process.
- 2 years of experience in the development of cyberspace operations strategies, plans, planning documents, and/or orders at the tactical, operational, and strategic levels of war including Fire Support Planning, Targeting, and Fires.
- Minimum 6 years of leadership experience (military preferred). Must possess excellent presentation, communication and organization skills with proven skills in formal classroom delivery.
- Knowledge of Security tool and Network Analysis tool usage and maintenance: Nessus, ACAS, Splunk, Burp Suite, Kali Linux and Ghidra.
- Valid driver’s license (proof of which will be required after hire) and ability to qualify for and maintain WWC liability insurance through a clean driving record.
- EO 14042, the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, is enjoined and not currently being enforced. Should enforcement resume, applicants must understand and agree to comply with the order and related guidance.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- 4 years’ recent experience with the SOF Information Environment
- Professional cybersecurity certifications in lieu of a bachelor’s degree such as CISSP, Offensive Security’s OSCP, SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) or eLEARN Security’s EJPT.
- Graduate of Joint Network Attack, Joint Cyberspace Operations Course or TSOC Cyber Planner’s Course equivalent.
- 3 years of experience working with cyberspace intelligence products and understanding how to utilize them to support assessments, planning, and execution of cyberspace operations and exercises.
- 4 years of experience planning and/or supervising the execution of cyber operations utilizing attack methods and techniques (DDoS, brute force, spoofing, etc.), of basic malicious activity concepts (e.g., foot printing, scanning, and enumeration).
- 3 years of experience or knowledge of how modern wireless communications systems impact computer network operations and of general SCADA system.
- Prior SOF (O5-O6/CW4/E9).
- Availability within three weeks of offer date.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs