Software Engineer, Converged Infrastructure Security Lead
Foster City, CA
ZooxWe’re reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. This is on-demand autonomous ride-hailing.
- Analyze infrastructure that supports production, enterprise, and operational systems.
- Own attack tree construction and analysis, and threat modeling activities that span IT/OT/PT.
- Design, recommend, and implement secure service, credential management, and CI/CD architectures.
- Be the subject matter expert on securing cloud and data center services, both in terms of underlying infrastructure configuration and in-service business logic design implementation. Design and build tooling to drive robust and secure IaC practices across the company.
- Guide thinking and designs in the areas of account management, infrastructure provisioning, and intranet segmentation.
- Work with stakeholders across Product Security, Enterprise Security, DevOps, and other infrastructure software groups to motivate a security evolution roadmap with a sharp focus on both near-term needs and long-term strategy.
- Advocate, design, build, and roll out zero-trust infrastructure.
- Solid CS background that enables you to think and work as a software engineer. BS or higher in Computer Science. Experience building production software is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated, sustained cybersecurity expertise as an individual contributor as well as in a lead role, including knowledge of cloud system security, enterprise security, as well as product security (including modeling the interactions of enterprise and production systems as well as connectivity to SaaS).
- Track record of working cross-functionally between engineering, IT, and operations organizations.
- Constructive, high-EQ, result-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud software and CI/CD systems, and skills in integrating security tooling into them.
- Demonstrated ability to think as an attacker and carry out independent, hands-on vulnerability and mitigation analysis.
- Understanding of past vulnerabilities in major software libraries (e.g. OpenSSL, libc…) and their mitigations. Historical perspective on sources of cyber security problems and strong intuition for secure system architectures.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
Sr. Manager/Director Security Engineering and OperationsBlockchain C Cloud Compliance Crypto ISO 27001 NIST +4
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +11
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs