United States and Canada
DigitalOceanSimple, scalable cloud computing solutions built for startups and small-to-midsize businesses.
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a creative engineer to solve high-scale security problems. Reporting to the Manager of Security Engineering, the Security Software Engineer will find innovative ways to bring security-focused products and services to our internal engineering teams, and our customers.
Our customers trust us with their data and operations, and we take that responsibility seriously. Security at DO means solving incredibly complex problems at a high-scale that have real impact for our customers, our products, and for the larger internet community.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and maintain security platforms and services, for both internal and external use.
- Develop and deploy security capabilities at scale, using languages such as Go and Ruby, and tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Chef.
- Research and design automated approaches to reducing the risk of fraud, abuse, and misuse of the DigitalOcean products and services.
- Partner with engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent and secure workflow spanning development, deployment, and production monitoring.
- Design customer-impacting security applications and services that advance DigitalOcean’s ability to help our customers improve their security posture.
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement secure architectures.
- Design and build internal tools that enable our Security Operations Center to do more, faster.
- Consistently improve security as the platform scales, driving continuous improvement through data collection and correlation, being mindful that security should be an efficiency enabler for the business - not an obstacle.
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Software engineering experience (you can write robust code with good test coverage and can point to specific examples of projects you’ve successfully delivered in the past) and expertise with at least one programming language.
- A high degree of curiosity, with a desire to understand a problem deeply.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (you can explain your thought process and you write good documentation.)
- Interest in security and a desire to build secure by default services and applications
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. (The base salary range for this position is between $97,000-$146,000 based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S..) (The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills.) Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
More jobs like this
Remote- US, Canada, UK, … Remote- US, Canada, UK, Germany Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Sr. Software Engineer (Security)Application security Audits Cryptography Machine Learning Open Source OWASP PKI +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs