Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking a skilled Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission.
- Analyze and/or reverse-engineer the behavior of malware using both static and dynamic tools and techniques.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities.
- Support the maintenance of malware analysis platforms and tool sets, identify requirements for new malware analysis capabilities, and contribute to the development of new malware analysis tools and techniques.
- Produce reports detailing attributes and functionality of malware, including indicators that can be used for malware identification/detection, the relationship between a given sample of malware and other known samples/families of malware, and notable features that indicate the origin or sophistication of the malware and its authors.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical staff supporting all customer SOC functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and 9-15 years related technical experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge in dynamic and static analysis and tools such as IDAPro and Ollydbg
- Familiarity with analyzing disassembly of x86 and x64 binaries
- Possess basic programming and scripting skills (e.g. .NET, Perl, Java, or Python)
- Bachelor’s in an IT related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong communications and technical writing skills
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Graduate Degree in a technical field and 10+ years related technical experience required
- Bachelors Degree and 15+ years experience
- Familiarity with NOC/SOC operations
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response
- Familiarity with security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS
- Familiarity with Linux OS and mobile iOS/Android
- Possess customer service experience
- Cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CISSP, CEH, Security+, CREA)
WORK SCHEDULE: Core business hours
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: TS with SCI eligibility
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll