Cybersecurity Platform Manager - CISO
Austin, Texas, US
Posted 8 months ago
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The CISO Cybersecurity Platform Team is looking for a Manager who can lead a team of security focused architects, developers, and engineers. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations and think like an enterprise architect to deliver a best in class security platform for SOC and CSIRT consumption.
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. The right candidate has passion for leading development teams to deliver solutions that address complex security challenges, supports the team, and is excited about building strategy around objectives.
The candidate will also have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Information Technology and Security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in any one of these fields: Security Operations, Incident Response, Endpoint Security, Big Data, and emerging technologies.
Strategy and Planning:
- Assess business needs and aligns teams across organizations based on requirements and dependencies.
- Understands security use cases and guides teams to develop a security platform that meet SOC/CSIRT requirements.
- Translate project requirements into security platform strategy and effectively communicates goals, direction, and priorities to development teams and stakeholders.
- Identify metrics to track team effectiveness and goal alignment.
- Continuously recommends improvements based on lessons learned.
- Review solutions and development teams work to ensure requirements and priorities are met.
- Leads self-audits of team procedures, design documentation, and related artifacts to ensure they are up to date and adhere to company polices and industry best practices.
- Provide regular status to leadership regarding development efforts.
- Manages vendor relationship, contract renewals, and approvals for purchase requests.
- Removes obstacles to assist to meet strategic goals.
- Manages escalations and new requirements from stakeholders, product teams, and users.
- Leads compliance efforts for in scope solutions
- Ensures solution risks are documented and drive action plan to closure
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to development team.
- Identify, retain, and develop top talent.
- Conducts performance reviews and provides regular feedback to direct reports.
- Promotes cross collaboration to develop team skills
- Develops junior team members through strategy alignment and assigned tasks.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years experience leading development teams
- 4+ years hands on experience as a solutions architect and developer to ensure understanding of core principles of work produced by the development team
- Experience with Github
- Experience with security products, especially in the areas of security analytics
- In depth knowledge of security use cases
- Experience with Agile design and project management methodologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing big data solutions
- Experience with open source software implementation
- Experience delivering automation tools
- Familiarity with Agile/DevOps Methodologies
- BS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Risk Management, or related discipline preferred
- Master’s degree in a technical field or an MBA is a plus.
- Security related certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, etc) are a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Analytics Audits Automation Big Data CISM CISSP CSIRT DevOps Finance Incident response Open Source Strategy
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 8 1 0