Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer
Dulles, Virginia, United States
OVERVIEW: Would you like to work with a highly technical team, supporting the front line of security protecting the federal and civilian government in the pursuit of national cybersecurity? phia is seeking a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. This job is located in Dulles, VA with frequent/full remote capability during the pandemic.
- Designs, develops, documents, analyzes, tests, integrates, debugs, conducts research and/or discovers and analyzes security flaws or vulnerabilities in software, networks, systems, and applications.
- Actively participates in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources.
- Assesses system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
- Provides mitigation strategies for system security flaws or vulnerabilities.
- Supports the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and systems.
- Tests existing and new technologies for security vulnerabilities.
- Reviews requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends, which are planned for deployment in the customer space.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Software Engineering or a related discipline is required.
Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of fourteen (14) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.]
- 6+ years of experience related to Cyber Security Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps and/or a DevSecOps environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and automated tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber.
- Solid understanding of cyber security technologies and concepts at both the local and enterprise level.
- Significant experience in design and implementation of secure network and system solutions.
- Experience with leading edge cyber tools and technologies.
- Experience with Incident Response (Forensics, Malware, Penetration/Vulnerability testing) and associated tools and technologies (e.g. IDS, SIEM).
- Experience with networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security).
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support.
- Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Information Assurance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) or Information System Security Architect Professional (ISSAP) certification desired.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification desired.
- SANS/GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) certification desired.
- ArcSight Certified Security Analyst (ACSA) or ArcSight Certified Advance Security Analyst (ACASA) certification desired.
- Experience working with teams in an agile development environment.
- DHS experience.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core business hours
LOCATION: Dulles VA
TRAVEL: Less than 5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Frequent/full remote capability during the pandemic.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Secret with eligibility for TS/SCI and DHS EOD
phia LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas. We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. phia is truly by technical people and for technical people. As an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll